Chemistry - Making a Perodic Table



One of our first assignments my Science teachers had asked us to do was to make a periodic table that consists of 20 elements. Many of us were frustrated by the fact that making it was tough and time consuming. Firstly, we had to use Microsoft word to create our templates of small cards and then print twenty of them out. Then, we had to write out the different elements and their different proton number and so on. Finally, we had to arrange all the small cards and paste them onto a drawing block.
I found it tough to make the template as drawing on Microsoft word is never easy. Personally, I felt that drawing it out on paper would have been a better.

Nonetheless, I persevered on and managed to finish the template. It took me quite a while to make it and I was really satisfied with it. After that, I filled in all the data that I research on the internet onto the cards. At the end of the day, making the periodic table helped me memorize the 20 elements better and even taught me never give up at whatever I do.

Also, I learned that I had to get used to using the laptop to do work as many of such assignments assigned by my teacher would require the use of the internet. They would be fun to do, but at the same time mentally challenging for me as I have to dig deep and force myself to do these assignments for the sake of my grades. I believe making the periodic table is a perfect start for me as it prepares me for the year ahead with full of challenges awaiting me.

Picture: http://www.edukate.net/Atomic_Structure_files/image004.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment